Thursday 14 January 2016

'Kids called me a monster - and their parents laughed': Undateables star tells of cruel abuse he receives on the street

Justin Coling

UNDATEABLES star Justin Coling has opened up about the vile abuse he receives on the street from children - and their parents.


The 42-year-old from Rugby, West Midlands, suffers from neurofibromatosis - a rare genetic condition that causes tumours to grow on his face.
Justin, who works at a printing firm, appeared on the first series of the Channel 4 show where cameras followed him as he ventured into the world of dating.

But while many people recognise Justin in the street and stop him for photographs, he told how the reaction isn't always positive, with some cruel strangers pointing, staring and even laughing at him.
Speaking about a recent incident, he said: "People are usually very nice. They'll stop me for photos or ask about the show.
"But this particular day, I was on my way home from work and a young family got on the bus.
"The children began pointing at me and jeering. The mum shushed a little girl but when the child called me a monster her mum just laughed.
"She did the same thing again. I explained to the mum that by laughing she was encouraging her daughter.
Justin Coling
Justin at the Sun Studios on his trip to Memphis in 2014 PA Real Life

"I couldn't believe it. I mean children will stare and say things but how could she support her?
"When I asked her not to laugh she just laughed even louder.
"It was so shocking.
"It was so rude. I couldn't believe it."
Justin Coling
Justin meeting Katie Piper in 2014 PA Real Life
Just two days later, Justin found himself the target of more distressing taunts.
This time when a child started pointing at him and whispering, he approached them and calmly told him to stop as it was "rude".
Justin Coling
Justin with his mum, Elizabeth, and sister Nicola PA Real Life

He said: "As I did the young lad ran to his mother and she told me he was only five."
Justin told how he believes parents should speak to their children and explain to them why they shouldn't point and gawp at someone who "looks different" in the street.
He admitted: "Life is hard with people staring.
"Ideally I would like people not to point, but I know some kids will point.
Undateables Justin Coling
Justin with pop singer Olly Murs at the ITV Studios in 2012 PA Real Life

"I would like parents to explain not to do that and explain it is not nice and not appropriate.
"People sometimes laugh and it is not appropriate."
Although Justin didn't manage to find love on The Undatables with Tracey, the pair keep in contact and he is still hoping to meet someone to share his life with.
He said: "I'm single but I am still looking.
Undateables Justin Coling

No comments:

Translate

INNOSON VEHICLE

Contact DelMel Nig

Name

Email *

Message *