Friday 25 September 2015

Petition started against Paloma Faith's Rugby World Cup song on ITV

Paloma Faith
A petition has been launched, asking ITV to stop playing Paloma Faith's Rugby World Cup song.
The campaign, which a few thousand people have signed up to so far, has asked ITV to stop playing the track, a cover of World in Union.
"Make it a more enjoyable experience for all spectators," writes Jonathan Wilson, who started the petition.
Paloma previously told Newsbeat that she was "quite pleased with it" and that was all that mattered.
"Some people are slating it, I feel like they don't like change, but I don't mind," she said.
"I think they don't like it because it's being played too much."
Her cover version has drawn criticism on Twitter and in some newspapers.
"It is awful. Truly awful. And I like Paloma Faith," wrote on of the petition's signatories.
A spokesperson for ITV said: "We are happy with Paloma's rendition."
Paloma is starting as a judge on The Voice in January.
"It's exciting, I know all the other judges anyway so it's fine, it feels like a warm vibe."
Boy George
Image caption80s singer Boy George is joining Paloma Faith as a new judge on The Voice
While a winner of the show has yet to go onto big things, Paloma thinks being new will help her.
"I'm really into cultivating talent, so I'm hoping this time we break the mould."
So will she be more Will or Rita? Paloma's already got an idea on what type of judge she'll be.
"My mother was always really loving but also used tough love.
"So I feel it's not helpful for somebody to lie to them, but I also think there's room for everyone in the industry."

No comments:

Translate

INNOSON VEHICLE

Contact DelMel Nig

Name

Email *

Message *