Thursday 27 August 2015

I was nearly shot for riding hoverboard at Ikeja Mall – May D

‘Soundtrack’ singer and former Square Records signee, May D got more than he bargained for when he rode a hoverboard at the popular Ikeja Mall during the week.
According to the pained singer who took to Twitter to vent his anger, in a series of tweets, he explained that tear-gas was also used on him in the process.
In his words, “‘I’m going to sue Ikeja City Mall for using tear gas on me just because I was riding my hoverboard. I must get to the buttom (sic) of this I swear…I’m not going to keep quiet on this…brought out a gun to shoot me for what? Anyway, they will say we’re in naija and nothing will happen; no wonder peeps don’t like mainland.
They used tear gas on me and assaulted me; even almost shot me just for using my hoverboard at Shoprite…what illiterates. This thing is really baffling me, because don’t they know what it is?”
And at the end, they beg me to keep quiet and not say anything…after embarrassing, assaulting and threatening to kill me just because of a hoverboard…I don’t like talking but they took this too far.”
He continued, ‘We need more malls so this guys know they aren’t s**t. They tried to obtain me from my hoverboard…na wah o in my own country at gunpoint in (sic) city mall…’
“I’m only trying to fight for those that can’t do anything about such situations…I can imagine if it was just a normal guy…I can see that we don’t want to move forward in this country.’
It will be recalled that the singer had days before the incident performed on his hoverboard at the Ibadan leg of the Star Music trek. Perhaps, he got carried away by the hype his stunt generated on stage and tried to replicate it in Lagos before it went awry.
A hoverboard is described by Wikipedia as a levitating board used for personal transportation.’
It is basically a skateboard without wheels, and it was first featured in the futuristic movie, ‘Back to the Future.’
Efforts to reach the singer proved abortive at the time of this report.

No comments:

Translate

INNOSON VEHICLE

Contact DelMel Nig

Name

Email *

Message *